William

Shakespeare? Seriously, why did I stop reading that guy's stuff. He's pretty brilliant. And, for the most part, writes good plays.

Mrs. Shultz had us read Romeo and Juliet in 9th grade. I remember I liked it so much I asked her if I could buy the copy she had lent me out of the class set. She told me I could only buy it if I had lost it. I remember looking at her and hesitating. 'I lost it' I said. She smiled and I think I paid her the three dollars.

Anyways, I got kind of back into this Shakespeare kick because the other night I went and saw a comedy where they parodied a lot of his plays. Funny as it was, there was a monologue from Hamlet they performed that I had somewhat forgotten about.



I'm not a huge fan of placing Shakespeare in different time periods, but I liked this one. Hope you do too.

Ross

1 comments:

Ma n Pa said...

What a piece of work, indeed! Shakespeare captures the human condition at its best & worst. Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed this!

Word verification: haltho

I don't have anything clever that fits... but it seems like a Shakespearean word.